Throughout the last year, Sarajevo Airport has added record 119.003 passengers, representing an increase of 14 % compared to 2016. The airlines from Star Alliance are dominating at the airport with 60% passengers share. The largest market for air travel from and to Sarajevo in 2017 was Turkey with 36% share (or 345.307 passengers), followed by Germany with 14% share (or 136.612) and Austria with 14% share (or 130.313 passengers). In third place is United Arab Emirates with 11% share (or 105.479 passengers).
The table below displays the number of passengers by the airline and destination.
- Atlas Global, Istanbul-Sarajevo, started 22.06.2017. (discontinued 21.12.2017)
- Flydubai, Sarajevo-Podgorica, started 01.11.2017. (discontinued 25.03.2018)
- Nesma Airlines, Riyadh-Sarajevo, started 23.06.2017.
- TUI fly Belgium, Charleroi-Sarajevo, started 31.03.2017. (discontinued 25.10.2017)
- Qatar Airways, Doha-Sarajevo started 01.11.2017.
- Wataniya Airways, Kuwait City-Sarajevo, started 13.07.2017. (discontinued 01.09.2018)
- Wizz Air, Budapest-Sarajevo, started 05.04.2017.
Source: Flying Bosnian