Flydubai Boeing 737-800 at Sarajevo Int. Airport, photo by Flying Bosnian
Sarajevo International Airport is on the way to break yet another record. During month of September, the airport is expecting to handle over 100.000 passengers, making it best September on the record. First 18 days of the month, the airport has seen 20% increase in passengers handled. Total of 77.566 seats were offered in 18 days of this month. With the end of September traffic at the airport will see decrease due to its high number of seasonal routes from United Arab Emirates and charter flights to Turkey, which will end this month. Flydubai was offering two daily flights from Dubai to Sarajevo from June 25. 2016. As of next week, Flydubai flights will decrease to once daily until October 29.2016, when winter timetable starts. During winter timetable Flydubai will fly 4 times per week between Dubai and Sarajevo, which represents increase of 2 more flights per week comparing to last year winter schedule. Air Arabia is converting its year round flights from Sharjah to Sarajevo to summer seasonal. Details on the schedules will follow after I receive confirmation from the airline. Flydubai has recorded very successful summer on its flights from Dubai to Sarajevo, and with new investments from United Arab Emirates in Bosnian tourism and hotel industry, the airline will strengthen its position even more in coming years, and more flights will be offered.
Gulf carries are seeing great potential on routes from Gulf countries to Sarajevo:
- Flydubai: started flights to Sarajevo from Dubai with 2 flights per week, increasing it to two daily flights this summer.
- Air Arabia: started flights to Sarajevo from Sharjah with 2 flights per week, increasing it to daily this summer.
- Qatar Airways: has confirmed Doha-Sarajevo service from March 2017, 3 times per week
- Kuwait Airways: is considering flights from Kuwait City to Sarajevo in 2017.
- Etihad Airways: is offering daily flights to Sarajevo via Belgrade (codeshare flight on Air Serbia).